You are here:
Cell culture division
The cell culture division provides all equipment, which is necessary for working under sterile conditions and for cultivation of mammalian cells:
- Four workstations in three clean benches
- Two CO2 incubators, one is able to regulate O2 content
- Three phase contrast microscopes for routine microscopy (for special microscopic equipment see histology division)
- Two anaerobic or microaerophilic workstations for experiments under anoxic or hypoxic conditions
We are working according to well established and standardized methods. SOPs and work instructions have been developed in order to increase the quality and reproducibility of experimental results.
Support can be given for:
- Preparation and cell culture (rat, mouse) of cortical, hippocampal and septal neurons, cerebellar granule cells, microglia and astrocytes
- Organotypic longterm cultures of adult rat retina
- Basic techniques and handling of different cell lines (L929, RAW 264.7, HT22, Sy5y, PC12, HEK, CoCa and others) • Methods for transfection
- In-vitro model of ischemic stroke - the Oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD)
- In vitro model of inflammation (induced by gram-negative or gram-positive germs)
- Establishing new methods
The lab division of cell culture will be under reconstruction from November 2017 until October 2018. During this period theoretical support will be available but practical work won’t be possible.