In vivo Lab
You are here:
Depatment of "in vivo laboratory"
The in vivo laboratory provides expertise in the design, implementation, and analysis of behavioral experiments.
Our goal is to provide facilities and assistance to experimental researchers at the Clinic of Neurology of the Charité as well as outside researchers. In the in vivo laboratories, animal experiments are carried out with the help of qualified personnel and using established methods / models. To ensure high-quality studies, the infrastructure is made available to experimentally active scientists.
Tests and procedures available:
In vivo models of cerebral ischemia:
- Thread (filament) Model of focal cerebral ischemia in mice
- Distal MCAO model in the mice
- Thrombosis MCAO model in mouse and rat
Inflammation models in vivo:
- Pneumococcal meningitis in mouse and rat
- Preparation of isolated cerebral arteries in rats
- Preparation of cranial windows in mouse and rat
- Methods of functional brain stimulation
Behavioral tests in mice and rats:
- Behavior in the home cage, Irwin test, food and water intake, circadian activity
- Rota Rod, traction test, pole climbing / beam walking
- Sticky pad removal, skilled reaching
- forelimb asymmetry
Habituation / Learning / Memory:
- Holeboard, passive / active avoidance, Morris Water Maze, Y-Maze, Novel Object Recognition
- Elevated Plus Maze, Open Field
- Chronic "mild" stress, forced swim test, tail suspension test